Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Being a Sick MUM!

Cough….. Cough……  It is that time again when flu and colds start to roam around . No…. I can't be sick!!! Being sick and being a mom is not a good thing. Those two together equal disaster. Now I am not to brag but I am rarely never sick. Maybe that is why it hit me so hard this time around. 3 days and still going strong, my nose, head, coughing and achey body has taken over. I do get that hour when I do have a little energy so that is when I am a mad woman and throw laundry in, dishes, cleaned the bathrooms then by them I am ready to retire till I get that again. I am very lucky though my awesome kids have helped, my oldest was amazing this weekend taking care of me.


So how do I get my kids to help me you ask? As a family we work hard on helping each other out. Just this morning my two younger ones noticed that I did their laundry and put it away. (Normal they are the ones to do it) They quickly ran up to me this morning and said mom here is $.50 for doing that. Yea! I got paid!!!!… oh wait can't do that. I looked at them and said God gives a servant heart, I do these things because I love you and we help each other out, just as you help me out when I am sick getting me water or helping make a sandwich to make sure I am eating. My 7 year old just looked at me and smiled. What is a family to you? Are you teaching your children to help and you help them without expectations? Todays home work: do a little something for your children that matches their love language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment