Friday, February 7, 2014

Maybe our kids are trying to teach us?

my three! my teachers!

Did you ever wonder if your children might be teaching you something? I know this is something I struggle to accept. We as parents always want to be right. The other day as I was picking up the kids from school I asked them to teach me something. They were really thrown back at the idea. One thing that my husband and I are learning right now is patience. Not so much with the kids but with our daily lives. Mark has been waiting for a job that we have waiting so long for an opening. Well it happened and he got an interview. That was 3 weeks ago. His boss said the longer the wait the better chance he got it. ( Is it too soon to pack our things yet?) My kids are smart and they remind me that God has a plan and we just have to wait and see what it is. Maybe your kids are trying to teach you patience just in unique ways or to teach you to look at the more positive side of things.

Listening to your children can be the best reward and sometimes have the best advice.

Homework: What are some things your kids have taught you? Have you listened to them? Tell me what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment